Dignify Family Workshop
Dignify - Internet Safety workshop for Parents
In the month of February, Dignify delivered two parent workshops: one in person and one online. These workshops gave parents and carers an idea about the challenges that our children face, the moment they get online. People who have attended this session have given positive feedback regarding understanding the challenges. Listening to the zoom recording of this session is highly recommended.
Please click here and enter the passcode =tyrsY0b. This recording is valid only for 30 days.
The parent session is followed by a Family session where adults and children work together to build some strategies which they can implement in their homes
Feedback from the Dignify Family Workshop:
Building on the Parent Workshop, parents, carers and children had the opportunity to enjoy an hour together engaging in child-led activities exploring digital resilience. The workshop helped families negotiate the trickier conversations about the difference between safe and risky internet activities in a fun and interactive way.
It can be seen from the comments of the participants below how successful this workshop was:
• Really helpful to take time out with our child and talk these issues through in a friendly, non-judgmental environment, thank you.
• It helped me feel really safe on the internet and how to solve the problems before they come.
• I recommend this conversation as it’ll be helpful for the other year groups who don’t know that much about internet safety.
• This session is very good and helpful and informative. Looking forward to more sessions like this. Thank you for doing this.
• It was full of humour and education for everyone.
• Video scenarios and interactive learning that you can continue at home with your child.
• Excellent, very useful engaging session. Would be interested in future sessions.